Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

Have They Changed NYC Big Bold Volume?!

Hello there everyone! Hope you're having an amazing Monday, even if you're really annoyed that the weekend's come and gone again!


I had been getting the NYC Big Bold Mascara for about 2 years and I loved it. I made a switch to L'Oreal Telescopic about a year ago, but I had been hearing a lot about NYC Big Bold Volume again and thought, oo I really miss that mascara!
I went off to purchase it and I couldn't find the usual pink one I used to buy but I saw it's been changed so it's yellow now. Kinda fun, and I thought it'd be the exact same mascara..what can I say-I'm just not that happy.

First of all, I'm in no way shape or form a make-up snob-NYC is one of my fave brands and I love their mascaras...just not this one. I admit it's nice and it does it's job as far as giving a your lashes a little volume, I'm just not seeing the big obsession. This just isn't the mascara I used to love! I don't find the brush particularly good for getting all the teeny lashes at the sides of my eyes, and I think I way prefer NYC City Curls. I know everyone's different, but there are definitely better NYC mascaras out there, which I'll do a post on soon!

How I'd Recommend Using This: 
Personally I think you should apply your fave mascara first, and then use this to add volume. So basically, I think it works better as a second coat mascara than a base coat :)

What do you think? Do you love this all star mascara, or do you think it's just a lot of talk? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment